2022 FX HO
Full-size fun and loaded with features, the FX HO offers a new level of luxury. Redesigned from the ground up in 2019, the FX HO offers revolutionary technologies, exciting performance and premium amenities –all at a price that makes it one of the best buys in the industry.
- The FX HO is powered by Yamaha’s 1812cc, high output engine which is the largest displacement engine in the PWC industry. This new generation of power balances high performance, economy, environmental awareness and the reliability Yamaha is famous for.
- Wet Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricated oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- High Volume Intake Box: With flame arrestor and water repellent air filter protecting the engine from unwanted water ingestion
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Advanced multi-point fuel injection system utilizing a single electronically controlled throttle body and multiple reliable sensors working in armory for optimum air/fuel mixture under any condition. The result is a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and off throttle steering (OTS). The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- Open Loop Cooling: A proven industry standard that uses water to cool the motor resulting in better efficiency, less moving parts, less heat build up and less maintenance.
- Thermostatic Cooling System: Water flow through the engine is automatically controlled through a thermostat sensor.
- Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life. Cylinders, cases and heads are treated with a durable oxide coating to form a barrier between corrosion and expensive engine parts.
- Yamaha Sound Suppression System: Reduces engine noise and vibration for a quieter, more comfortable ride.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
- The FX 155mm High Pressure Jet Pump Design could be the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and impeller spin. Providing high performance, excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- Stainless Steel 3-blade Impeller and Housing Liner: For superior resistance to wear and long term durability while maintaining accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing for consistant performance.
- RiDE (Reverse with Intuitive Deceleration Electronics) – The world’s first dual handlebar throttle control system is easy and intuitive. Pull the right lever to go forward, and the left lever for reverse. Pull them both, or in any combination, and the system reacts with precise control. Benefits include better handling, smooth deceleration and more control while turning.
- Yamaha’s exclusive Reverse Traction Control : This unique automatic electronic control is programmed to optimize the jet pump efficiency when moving in reverse.
- Electronic trim allows the rider to adjust the handling characteristics of the watercraft on the fly from a looser, more playful feel to a more planted, high-performance experience.
- Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
NanoXcel Hull & Deck
- NanoXcel: Yamaha’s lightweight hull and deck are engineered on a molecular level using nanotechnology, a process that builds up thousands of tiny layers of NanoXcel material. The result is a hull that’s not only incredibly strong, but also exceptionally light, contributing to the impressive power-to-weight ratio, agile ride and industry-leading fuel economy.
- Industry-first Footwell Drains: Great for early season riding when the water is cool or clearing standing water when the WaveRunner is not in use.
- Redesigned Hull: The FX hull is now longer, offering more comfort and capacity
- Lightweight and responsive, the NanoXcel hull has been reengineered with a full keel for confident straightline tracking while the full-length, outside chines provide greater stability.
- Stepper Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and stability.
- Improved Stern Area: Now larger than ever, the swim platform features fast-access stern storage, double grab handles and a redesigned reboarding step, angled deeper in the water for easier reboarding
- Industry-first Colour LCD touchscreen instrumentation: FX owners have the power of Connext at their fingertips. Connext serves as the information hub for every aspect of the WaveRunner experience, and provides a suite of functions like security mode, thrust directional enhancer, drive control and more.
- Multi-mount System: FX owners can personalize their ride with accessories like speakers, GPS systems, cameras and more. (Accessories sold separately.)
- Yamaha’s exclusive Cruise Assist: The industry’s first system that allows the driver to set and hold a particular speed while maintaining a comfortable riding position with the throttle. Once the speed is set, the driver can increase or decrease the speed through the simple push of a button. When the throttle is disengaged the system shuts off.
- Yamaha’s exclusive No Wake Mode: makes cruising through no-wake zones a breeze. Once engaged, the no-wake mode moves the engine’s RPMs to an optimal speed for efficiently navigating through a no-wake zone. Once through, the driver simply applies throttle and the no-wake mode is released.
- Next-generation L-Mode: Pre-set top speed and acceleration curve for less experienced riders.
- Command Link: An industry first, offering quick, easy access to onboard instrumentation keys.
- Adjustable Steering, to best accommodate the driver, the steering column can be tilted up or down – offering greater comfort.
- 166 Litres of Storage, including two dry compartments and a cavernous deck storage providing the perfect place for stowing gear .
- Tow hook, Convenient placement of a tow hook makes wakeboarding or skiing a breeze
- Dual Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Yamaha’s Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
For 2022, the FX HO offers a new level of luxury with a new 5″ touchscreen loaded with new features, a new larger glovebox with built-in power, and the option to buy custom, factory installed marine speakers. All this while still offering exciting performance and premium amenities FX HO owners have come to know.
4-cylinder, 4-stroke, 1.8 Litre High Output Yamaha Marine EngineBore and Stroke86 x 78 mmDisplacement1812 ccFuelRegular UnleadedLubricationWet SumpCoolingOpen looped, WaterIgnitionDirect IgnitionCompression Ratio11:1Fuel DeliveryEFI (Electric Fuel Injection)Spark PlugNGK LFR 6APump155 mm High PressureTransmissionDirect Drive from EngineImpeller3-Blade, 15.4″ pitch, Stainless Steel
|70L (18.5 US gal )|
|5.3L (1.4 US gal )|
|1, 2, or 3 person / 240 kg (529 lbs)|
|166.7L (44 gal)|
|NanoXcel® Lightweight Hull and Deck|
|1 year limited|
|3.58 m (140.9 in)|
|1.27 m (50.0 in)|
|1.23 m (48.4 in)|
|379 kg (836 lbs)|
1 year limited